Best Portable Pellet Smoker Australia 2024
If you want a portable pellet smoker that is both versatile and easy to use, then you have come to the right place. Pellet grills are not the same as old-school pit masters, but their ability to cook delicious BBQ without worrying about a fire makes them a terrific option.
Pellet smokers use small wood pellets to burn quickly hot and produce smoke. Most of them have an electric igniter built in and a convection fan that moves the smoke around the cook chamber evenly. These grills heat up fast, maintain heat, and recover quickly after adding food or opening the lid.
Whether you need a large cooking surface to cook burgers for a weekend crowd or you want a grill you can control with an app, there are plenty of portable pellet grill options for all budgets and patio spaces.
The Best Portable Pellet Grill, Australia
In this guide, we rounded up the best portable pellet grills in hopes that you will find the perfect smoker grill for your cooking.
We spent loads of time reviewing various models featured in this guide while taking detailed notes. Ultimately, we evaluated our top 5 portable pellet grills and narrowed them down to the overall best, popular choice, most versatile, best value, and good performance.
#1 Overall Best product and Chef Favorite: Asmoke Portable Wood Pellet Grill AS300
So, if you want a portable grill to cook yummy barbecues, look no further than Asmoke. It offers the original portable Pellet smoker. This grill is perfect for any location in the country, and it has everything you need to make your grilling dreams come true. From temperature control to a compact design and easy-to-use features, you
will have a BBQ that everyone will remember.
Main product features:
● Construction: The AS300 design comes in durable steel and stainless steel. The exterior chamber of the AS300 is matte black. The lid and legs of the AS300 are available in 4 finishes: red, black, pine Green, and blue. The AS300 lid features a chrome handle. The lid can be attached to the chamber with two heavy-duty spring-loaded clamps.
● Taste consistency: Prepare your taste buds for a one-of-a-kind and mouth-watering experience with Asmoke Pellet Grill. Create a meal to remember with rich wood flavor using natural Applewood pellets. The Asmoke portable pellet grill can cook mouth-watering flavors with fish, game, jerky, and other dishes. You can sear, grill, smoke, and more.
● 8-in-1 cooking styles: This grill has an 8-in-1 cooking style feature that can provide several food preparation options. It can perform direct and indirect grilling and prepare cooking styles like BBQ, roast, braise, bake, broil, smoke, sear, and char-grill food to perfection. Asmoke Portable Grill features two tiers of cast-iron grids coated in porcelain and offers 256 square inches of grilling space. It’s ideal
for outdoor activities, such as backyard barbecues, camping trips, parties, RV trips, tailgate parties, and more.
● Technology: The new Asmoke temperature control system allows quick and easy cooking. You can dial in temperatures between 180° and 500°F, cook slow and low, or go fast and hot. Also, it has color LED digital temperature controllers and a built-in meat probe port to set the temperature and check your food. It also has an auto-loading and heating fan to keep everything running smoothly unlike what’s happening on the show Yellowstone – are we going to see more episodes?!
● Safe performance: The Asmoke Air Duct System is a patented, independently developed system that optimizes the overall heat distribution in the grill and eliminates the concealed risk of tempering. As a result, the heat distribution is safe, achieving 500℉ 15% faster and saving up to 20% on wood pellets.
● Warranty and extras: They offer a 3+2 year extended warranty and additional accessories. They provide Asmoke AS 300 Precision Tracking Stainless Steel Meat Probe, crafted to cater to your needs.
● Inside, a hopper holds up to 4 pounds of pellets.
● This grill is super comfy to carry - it is 17.5 inches long, 24.8 inches wide, 14.4 inches deep, and only 45 pounds!
● It offers 256 square feet of cooking space, with 191 square feet for the main grill
● The 45-pound grill will fit on most tailgates and picnic tables.
#2 Popular Choice: Traeger Tailgater Portable
Traeger grills is the leading provider of pellet grills, with most of their models being large, heavy, and ground-bound. The Tailgater, however, has been designed to bring all the features of pellet grilling into a more compact and portable package. It’s ideal for game days (at least the Patriots aren’t cheating and winning anymore), tailgating, balconies, and anywhere else, providing a combination of versatility and taste.
Additionally, the Tailgater comes equipped with a Digital Arc controller for precise, consistent temperatures and a Keep Warm Mode feature that ensures food remains fresh until the end of the meal.
● Digital Arc Controller: The Digital Arc Controller allows users to set the temperature in increments of 5 degrees and maintains accurate temperatures.
● EZ-Fold Legs: The folding legs make it easy to transport and store your food in your truck bed, apartment patio, balcony, etc.
● Keep Warm Mode: The Keep Warm Mode keeps your food warm as needed.
● Meat-Probe Feature: The built-in meat probe lets you keep an eye on the internal temperature of your food without the need to lift the lid.
● Porcelain-Coated Grill Grates: The Porcelain-Coated Grill Grates prevent food from sticking to the grill and make grilling and clean-up easier.
#3 Versatile: Camp Chef Pursuit Portable Pellet Grill
If you love outdoor cooking, Camp Chef offers a unique combination of the smoky flavor and texture of food cooked on charcoal grills, combined with a user-friendly interface that may be more reminiscent of a kitchen oven than a backyard BBQ. Camp Chef portable pellet takes this popular technology and adds elements you
would find on an outdoor propane model.
● Portable: You can fold the legs under the grill to easily transport the Camp Chef Pursuit. It has a locking camber lid and hopper lid, so you do not need to worry about storing shelves, pellets, or other tools. Use the handle next to the heavy-duty wheels, and get ready to go!
● Ash Cleanout: Instead of pulling out the shop vac, press the ash cleanout button on the side, and your unwanted ash will flow into the cup, and you can immediately dispose of it.
● Gen 2 Controller: Their Gen 2 Controllers have a high-visibility digital display with low glare and come with PID technology for some of the most accurate temperatures in the market. Furthermore, you will get two probes and two dealing probe ports so you can keep an eye on your internal temperatures with the Gen 2 controller.
● Slide + Grill: Slide the heat deflector out of the way, and you can quickly broil your grill contents in seconds. The louvered drip tray lets the flames escape and grill directly. Give your burgers a nice, crunchy outer crust right before you serve.
● Leg Levers: Uneven ground is a common occurrence in the backcountry. This uneven ground can result in a tilted cooking surface. Adjusting the foot levelers beneath your Camp Chef Pursuit will help to level the cooking surface.
● Upper Shelf: Despite the small size of the Pursuit, Camp Chef did not compromise on the cooking surface. In fact, the Pursuit comes with a removable, full-height upper shelf.
● Temperature: Experience a wide temperature range from 160°F to 500°F, powered by high-quality hardwood pellets. Their Slide and Grill Technology allows you to switch between indirect and direct broil mode.
● Surface area: Pursuit is more than convenient and has a total rack surface area of 501 SQ IN with a hopper capacity of 10 lbs.
● Customize: It has never been easier to customize your cooking! You can smoke a brisket all day to get a gorgeous smoke ring or cook burgers and feed your family. You can fit up to 24 - ‚¼ pound burgers or 16 - ½ pound burgers, one 12-inch pizza, four chickens, four racks of ribs, and more.
#4 Best Value: Green Mountain Grills Trek (GMG Trek)
The GMG Trek is a state-of-the-art portable grilling model. If you are looking for a grill that can handle two ribs, four steaks, or a ton of burgers, this is the grill for you! The GMG Trek is perfect for small families, campers, tailgaters, and RVers.
It has a built-in digital Wi-Fi controller you can manage and monitor via our iOS/Android mobile app.
The GMG Smart Control allows you to control your smoke and temperature from the comfort of your home or on the go. With 5° increments, you can adjust the grill’s temperature from 150° F to 550° F. You can also control
your food temp directly from the GMG app on your phone. You can elevate your Trek with the Trek Cart that GMG sells separately.
● Wi-Fi Mode: Connect to your grill via your home Wi-Fi network in Wi-Fi mode.
● Server mode: With Server Mode, you can control and watch your grill while away.
● Control & Monitoring: Increase or decrease the internal grill temperature and monitor the temperature with the food probe.
● Food timer: Set the food timer in your app and get a notification when you finish cooking.
● Customize: You can create and manage your own custom cooking profiles.
● Power control: You can control the power of your grill with Power Control.
● Meat probe: It also comes with a meat probe and a peaked lid that you can use for rib racks.
● Thermal sensor: GMG Trek also has a thermal sensor that continuously monitors the grill temperature.
● Functionality: The motor operates the Auger to transfer the pellets to the Firebox. There, a hot rod ignites them automatically. The combustion fan beneath the pellets ensures that they remain burning. The Firebox is lined vertically with vents, which produce a wood-burning fire with a pure, hardwood smoke flavor.
#5 Good Performance: Z Grills Mini (AKA. Z Grills 200A Cruiser)
The Z Grills Mini, powered by pellets, stands out from the competition due to its ability to maintain a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process, making it an ideal choice for smokers. Also, it has rapid heating capabilities, making it an even better choice for BBQs.
● Mobility: This tabletop grill has the design and build you can place on any surface. There is no need for a cart or legs.
● PID controller: It’s equipped with a finely tuned PID controller, making smoking meat a breeze.
● BBQ plate: This grill works well as a BBQ with the BBQ Plate included.
● Ceramic ignition rod: It also has a ceramic ignition rod for a faster start-up time and longer life.
● Warranty: The Z Grill Mini has a 3-year warranty and has full after-sales support.
What to Consider When You Buy?
When picking out the best pellet grill for your home or business, consider its portability, build quality, warranty, customer service, and optional accessories. Larger pellet hoppers can hold more wood pellets than smaller ones, but large isn’t always better.
If you plan on cooking for more than one person or doing a lot of different tasks at once, ensure you check the size of the cooking chamber and whether it has the technology you can use to monitor from anywhere.
Always consider the materials used to ensure the grill doesn’t break or disintegrate while you use it.
If you find a great-looking portable pellet grill that lacks an essential feature, it is always a good idea to check out what optional accessories you can get in place of it.
For example, Traeger tailgater owners can get an extra front folding shelf that makes it easy to prep and store their food. Some models even offer Wi-Fi, so ensure you check out the features of the brands you want to consider. If you go this route, you don’t end up paying too much for a model that doesn’t have what you are looking for.
Summing Up: Choose the best option for You
Portable Pellet Grills are an ideal solution for those seeking the convenience and utility of a traditional pellet grill while on the go. These grills are similar to backyard convection ovens, allowing for precise temperature control and the ability to cook food for a large group of people for a backyard BBQ, a tailgate party, or camping.
When you’re cooking for a crowd, you want to be able to dial in temperatures quickly and accurately.
Our top 5 portable pellet grills have their own features and styles, depending on how much you want to be involved with dinner. Most will let you manage temperatures from your smartphone, or you can add a sear zone for that extra char on your porterhouse.
Finally, we present our favorite portable pellet grill as our top pick for the best pellet grill. The Asmoke Portable Wood Pellet Grill is the best buy for those who want everything you need in an easy-to-carry.